Tuesday 1 July 2014

CVDJs Free Mix MP3 – Pre Season Training!


So…

In light of potentially resurrecting a dwindling (non) football career at the age of 32, the other night I begrudgingly went for a run and grabbed a dusty old iPod for some motivational beats to soundtrack my suffering. 

(I’m told suffering physically is good in terms of running and that type of thing).

What transpired was not in any way ideal for a man who regards motivation when running as paramount. No motivation = no run. 

It turned out that this particular MP3 player droid had last been used WAY BACK in 2013 to soundtrack a wedding reception.

So, there I was all red faced and panting like a dog in the sun searching for motivation which wasn't coming. 

I trudged slowly around my laps of the field to the sounds of Mott The Hopple, the soothing doo-wop of the Temptations and, as my body gave in under the weight of exercise, pumping out of my headphones was Kermit the Frog. 

Kermit the F’ing Frog.  

I returned home shaking my head and sweating like a person who doesn't run much.

I needed to resolve this soundtracking issue and I’m pleased to say I achieved my goal.

Behold, I present to you my new training mix MP3 to drag you through your pre-season running pain.

Football training might hurt but these joints might help you dig deeper.  

Download the 45 minute MP3 for free HERE.

Tracklisting:   

Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma (An intro to remind us of why we’re doing this)
Chuck Inglish – Game Time
‘Sambacana’ (Artist unknown)
El P – Full Retard
Interlude Micky from Rocky (Everyone needs a Mick pick-me-up during pre-season)
Kriss Kross – Jump
Interlude - Barca
Shirley Bassey – Jezahel
RZA – NYC Everything
Lauren Hill – Lost Ones
Pusha T – Numbers On The Board
Ice Cube – Bird In The Hand
Spencer Davis Group – I’m A Man
William Onyebor – When The Going Is Smooth & Good 

** Please note the explicit lyrics on certain tracks contained within this mix. This is why the mix will not be appearing on the CV Soundcloud page. ** 




No comments:

Post a Comment