Monday 1 December 2014

BREAKING NEWS - Bluebirds No Longer Pussies!


Woah. Just as I’d begun writing off City’s season on account of them laying down for tummy tickles when they play away games, they go and bring the points back from Watford in a gharly 0-1 victory .

My brain had not registered this outcome as a possibility AND it was a fixture-less weekend for my team Llantwit Fardre FC 2nds so on Saturday afternoon I found myself in Mothercare buying baby bottles instead of following the match. Judge me accordingly.

I would have rather been purchasing pink baby accessories at the retail park than putting myself through another infuriating stint on BBC Radio Wales hearing that City had laid down and died at an away game again.

Then, I tuned in via an FM frequency in my kitchen with 30 minutes to go…

It seemed that Adam Le Fondre (below), who has been working hard like a dog lately but playing like a broken man who’d smashed a mirror with the ladder he’d just walked under, had scored a goal (A GOAL!!!) 


To say Le Fondre needed a goal was an understatement along the lines of saying my Mum is bad with technology and hopefully A.L.F has now bitch-slapped the monkey on his little back.   

The team had rode their luck but defended like beavers and stuck to a plan to gather up a morale boosting win in tricky conditions in London.

It’s 16 points out of his first 8 games in charge now for new manager Russell Slade and whichever way you look at it that's strong. If the Bluebirds can harness the positive vibe from the away victory it could see them push into the top six going into the impending festive football frenzy.

The Championship table is as wide open as it’s ever been - like the mouth of Santa when I asked for a 4K TV. Here we are In December and no team looks like they can run away with it. Derby looked strong but lost again at the weekend, Norwich and Watford appear to have pussed out and can anyone see Bournemouth or Brentford sustaining their form? Me neither.   


City are giving themselves a chance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment