Monday 22 September 2014

Llantwit Fardre FC Reserves 2 v Ystrad Stars 3


Above: Dressing room psychology. 

There are two ways of looking at this defeat.

One, I scored my first goal since my return, a 25 yard Peter Whittingham-esque top corner peach. The other way is that I scored my first goal since my return, a 25 yard Peter Whittingham-esque top corner peach.

At this point, to avoid being a complete wang, I should point out that the result was disappointing. 

Particularly considering we missed at least 478 chances, one being an open goal from 3 yards (not me) and then later conceded a comical own goal whilst poor Alan tried to avoid posting himself defending a corner. 

I also feel I should serve up some excuses for the defeat (our first at home this season)…

Ystrad Stars have struggled in the league table BUT…

We only had eleven players (no luxuries such as subs to aid weary legs).

Several lads were forced to play out of position.

At least 25% of our team were hungover and/or still p**sed from the night prior. 


Prior to this latest setback was the humiliating 12-3 bitch-slap from Ynysybwl Athletic last week - a game I missed while watching Cardiff City also get smashed. (I always add I that I missed the game when referring to this one) 

We need to sort our s**t out with the following factors permitting: 
Number of players available 
Alcohol consumption of said players on night prior

Stay tuned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment